Head of Learning & Training
I look forward to receiving your application via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please contact me (Phone: 043 299 56 56).
My client is an established international company in the finance industry with their headquarter in Zurich. In the process of further development I am currently looking for an experienced and initiative
Head of Learning & Training
The Head of Talent & Leadership leads two departments with approximately 10 employees He/she is sponsoring learning and development strategies through the creation and delivery of presence and digital training program and formats for all levels in the company. This role demands a high ability to work very collaboratively and cross-functional as well as independently, while handling multiple projects and demands from internal stakeholders and business leaders.
Developing and overseeing the planning and implementation of a consistent and customer centric learning strategy in alignment with the local HR will be key for success.
This includes in detail the following duties:
- Determine training needs together with the team in line with learning and business strategy and requirements for an organization or a group
- Responsible to foster knowledge in the department, keeping it up to date with the latest training practices, trends, and technology. Models together with the team best practices in training and development activities in order to ensure maintenance of top notch training programs
- Responsibility for the Partner Management with external training partners
- Reviews existing training materials produced by third parties to determine appropriateness relevance and cost efficiency for respective business leaders and internal key stakeholders
- Responsible together with the team to deliver existing and new Group Learning initiatives
- Responsible to schedule training sessions, organize information technology and other equipment, and to manage course enrolment
- Responsibility to monitor training programs and manuals to ensure that they are effective and up-to-date to meet specific needs
- Works with managers to address learning issues, instruction problems, or new educational needs regarding specific employees or departments
- Responsibility and management of costs for all programs, productions, and publications in order to report to organization executives regarding a return on investment
- Attending regular meetings, conferences, and seminars to bring in new and fresh ideas (new educational and training techniques)
- Maintains understanding of new educational and training techniques and methods
The ideal candidate for this interesting role has the following background:
- Master degree in HR, T&D, Education, or equivalent practical experience
- 7 years working experience in a T&D environment, preferably working as a Senior Manager T&D
- Proven experience facilitating training campaigns through instructional design concepts, adult learning concepts, and technology
- Strong leadership and people skills
- Ability to develop excellent relationships with others across the business
- Exceptional skills to ensure smooth communication between the various stakeholders
- Ability to identify performance improvement opportunities and gaps, conduct analyses and survey to develop solutions
- Strategic and creative thinker with very strong interpersonal skills (welcoming change, self-motivated and working as an empowerment member of the team)
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), all necessary for the creation of visually and verbally engaging training materials and reports
- Excellent understanding of local financial market is a great plus
- Exceptional German and good level of English plus very good basic skills in French are required
- Willingness for regular travel activities within Switzerland
If you are interested to learn more about this challenging and demanding role you should not hesitate to submit your application by mail.